New Covid-friendly blended first aid training for parents (in English)
To reduce the face to face contact hours due to COVID-19, we have developed a blended course which is working really well:
Part 1 – live online theory session (3-hours)
9:30am – 12:30pm (usually Saturday)
This is held via Zoom with the first aid trainer to cover all the theory (you are able to interact with the trainer to ask your questions)
Part 2 – an in-person practical component (1.5 hours)
Subject to availability, you choose from 9:30am – 11:00am // 12 – 13:30 // 14:30 – 16:00 (Usually the following Saturday)
This is held at our location in Veerstraat, Amsterdam. See below for the Covid-precautions.
The course is held in English and will cover:
- CPR for babies and children
- Cuts, grazes and serious wounds
- Broken bones
- Bites and stings
- Temperatures and rashes
- Heat exhaustion and heat stroke
- Asthma and allergies
Details & dates
Dates | the next course will be in April/May 2021 (dates to be confirmed) Please email me if you would like to be informed once the dates are ready.
Cost | €95 p.p.
If you registered for the practical on 23 January, due to lockdown we hope this will be rescheduled for 20 February.
“Thank you for the extra info and for organising the workshop, and thanks again to Linda for her time. I found it helpful and fun (!) and can honestly say I feel a lot more confident knowing what to do in case of an accident, minor or major.” – Kate
“A big thank you for organising a great first aid training for babies and kids at Jacaranda Tree Montessori and Linda for her wonderful skills to bring the first aid material across. I feel much more prepared for any accidents and I think that is crucial for staying in control. Cannot recommend highly enough that all parents get a refresher.” – Lilla
About the NEW blended course:
“I found the course extremely helpful. The theoretical part was very well structured and I learned a lot from it. I’m so glad I could attend the practical part too as it was there where all the details started falling into place. Linda is a great instructor! Many thanks to her.” – Ekaterina
COVID-19 Safety measures
The trainer is following the protocols from the European Resuscitation centre and include:
- every person has their own dummy to practice CPR compressions on – this may be a baby, child or adult
- all dummies are disinfected and cleaned by standards required by the first aid training centre
- there will be no contact, eg, for recovery position, and no mouth to mouth
- we will maintain 1.5m distance at all times
- it is not possible to attend if you are sick, if you have had COVID or anyone in your family has had COVID in the past 14 days, or you have travelled to a risk area in the past 14 days
- sanitise your hands before entering
- maximum 10 people per in-person group
- wear a mask
1. For the in-person component, please no babies or children (with the exception of newborns)
2. You will receive a certificate on completion of this course. This certificate can be used for volunteer work, eg, Girl Guides
3. This course is not generally covered by your health insurance (with the exception of some Zilveren Kruis policies). It is also not a certified course for carers, but if you have a babysitter that does not need the certified course, they are welcome to join us. The trainer is from St Johns Ambulance and NIKTA accredited.
Cancellations within 2 weeks of the course are non-refundable. If you cancel before this time, a cancellation fee of €25 will be charged to cover administration costs.
With profits from this course, we sponsor Stichting Amsterdam Mamas to support their work.