In the Netherlands, the official exclusion policies for children in day care etc are quite relaxed. Most illnesses are considered childhood illnesses and something that you need not worry about.
That said, at Jacaranda Tree Montessori we would like to keep children free from as much illness as possible.
It is a good sign to keep them home from playgroup if your child:
- has a fever
- has green mucus from their nose
- has chicken pox which has not yet crusted over
- has diarrhoea or blood in their stools
- has whooping cough
- has hand, foot and mouth disease
- has a rash
- are feeling a bit unwell, clingy and cranky
It is ok to bring them to class if they:
- are generally happy but have a clear, runny nose. But please keep a tissue to hand and wash hands regularly to avoid spreading germs unnecessarily.
- have an eye infection. But please be attentive and keep their eyes clean with a cloth during class and wash hands regularly.
- have a cold sore. But please keep these covered to avoid spreading this virus.
If your child is sick, you can arrange a make up class for another day (max. 1 per course).